Honda’s Local Auto Production
The percentage of Honda and Acura automobiles sold in the U.S. that were produced at the companies plants in North America remained at 75% or higher for more than a decade.
Sourced in America
· $14.4 Billion in U.S. parts and materials purchases in 2011
· More than 500 U.S. OEM suppliers in 34 states provide parts and materials to Honda production facilities
· 19,000 companies supply maintenance, repair, and operational (MRO) services to Honda’s U.S. operations
· Member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable with no more than $1 billion in purchases from minority- and women-owned suppliers annually
R&D in America
· Honda has 14 R&D facilities in the U.S.
· One-third of MY2012 Honda & Acura models sold in America were researched, designed, and developed in the U.S.
· The new Acura NSX supercar was developed in the U.S. and manufactured in Ohio
· First international automaker with the capability to perform “complete product creation” in America
2011 U.S. Production
824,000 Cars & light trucks 882,000 Automatic transmissions
936,000 Vehicle engines 407,000 Power equipment products
1,634,000 General purpose engines 107,000 All-terrain vehicles (ATV’s)
MY2012 Vehicle Safety Ratings
12 Honda & Acura models earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Top Safety Pick for 2012.
Accord Sedan CR-Z Odyssey
CR-V Fit Pilot
Civic Sedan Insight Ridgeline
TL TSX (Wagon& Sedan) MDX